This nutritious and delicious simple frozen yoghurt is perfect for Summer - it’s refreshing, packed with goodness, easy to make and completely guilt-free!
The yoghurt element provides a protein rich probiotic benefit and the nuts, berries and honey provide great sources of fibre, vitamin B-group, C, K, folate, manganese and flavonoids. All of these are known to protect against heart disease, infection, as well as lowering cholesterol, supporting healthy skin and providing anti-inflammatory benefits.
And we did mention that it was delicious, right?! A healthier alternative to that weekly tub of ice-cream.. (or was that just me?!)
This serves about 4 people, takes around 20 minutes to make plus 3-5 hours of freezing time.
- 450g berries (of your choice - we chose a mixture of strawberry, blueberry & blackberry)
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 75g caster sugar
- 550g Greek yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons honey (to taste)
- *optional : 50g nuts of your choice, finely chopped (we chose cashews)
- Put the berries in a small pot and sprinkle the cornflour and sugar over to coat and toss.
- Using a masher or fork, break the berries up and allow to simmer over a medium heat whilst stirring frequently until they have broken down.
- Transfer contents to the food processor to break down even further, making the texture as smooth as you like - generally smaller pieces work better.
- Add the nuts to the food processor too, and blend with the berries,
- Stir in the yoghurt and honey and either pour into an ice-cream maker, or else place in a freezer-proof container and freeze for a few hours, stirring every hour or so to prevent crystals forming.
- If any crystals form, simply blitz in the food processor.
- You can always add chunkier bits of berry texture at the end phase, with a quick 5 second blitz in the food processor along with a handful of berries.