Who doesn’t love a chocolate pudding- right?! Here’s an option that’s actually incredibly good for you and still gives you the sweet, luxurious chocolatey indulgence that you crave… where simply having a piece of fruit just won’t do. You know, those days you NEED something soft, gooey and chocolatey.
This incredibly nutritious dessert is packed with the immune boosting and stress busting B vitamins, as well as vitamins C, K, folate, protein, iron and an impressive amount of fibre. The powerful chia seeds are loaded with omega 3 fatty acids which are brilliant for brain and heart health too. In fact, this could actually be classified as a superfood dessert!
Gluten-free, dairy-free option and no cooking required - this is a popular feature in our house.
The below recipe serves 4 people and takes just a few minutes to make (plus overnight chilling).
- 500ml dairy or soy milk
- 2 large bananas
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 80g chia seeds
- your choice of berries to serve
- Put the milk, bananas, vanilla and cocoa in a blender and whizz until smooth
- Transfer the content into a large bowl and gently stir in the chia seeds
- Cover the top of the bowl with plastic cling wrap and place in the fridge overnight
- Once ready, portion up and decorate with your berries of choice