These simple and delicious homemade healthy nut and seed bars are an ideal snack for busy days - free from processed sugars and jam packed with fibre, omega 3 fatty acids, selenium and iron... not to mention a healthy dose of protein which will keep you feeling fuller for longer between meals!
Did we mention that they’re also incredibly simple and easy to make?! No cooking or baking required!
You can mix and match with different ingredients too, to find your favourite combination - including other nuts like cashews or almonds or even pieces of fruit including dried cranberries or goji berries.
Ingredients for the Healthy Nut & Seed Bars:
- 80g raw pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 100g sesame seeds
- 120g raw peanuts, roughly chopped
- 80g chia seeds
- 40g pumpkin seeds
- 6 tablespoons of honey or agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Line a shallow baking tray (or brownie tin) measuring approximately 20cm x 20cm with foil or baking paper
- Add all of the nuts and seeds to a large mixing bowl and stir well until combined
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the nuts and mix together thoroughly using a large spoon or spatula
- Transfer into the baking tray and press down in an even layer until the mixture is compact- you may want to use the back of large spoon to help with this process
- Chill for 2-3 hours in the fridge until the tray has set
- Remove and cut into your desired portion sizes
- These are best stored in the fridge until needed - separated with small sheets or pieces of baking paper