Let's face it, sometimes only cake will do, chocolate cake. Yup, definitely chocolate, and quickly. None of this “bake for 50 minutes” business… more like 2 minutes, thank you! Sound familiar? If so, you’re in incredible luck! Not only have we have uncovered a quick chocolate mug cake recipe… it also happens to be gluten, dairy and processed sugar free. Perfectly portioned into a mug (or two!) so you don’t even have to justify it to yourself. It will comfort, satisfy and bring a smile to your face.
It’s is a brilliant alternative to that cheeky chocolate bar on the way home, when you’re craving something chocolatey and comforting. This little mugful of delight is nutritious, simple, quick and best of all...portion controlled!
Ingredients for the Simple Chocolate Mug Cake:
- 4 tablespoons almond meal
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream (don’t confuse this with coconut milk!)
- 2 tablespoons honey or rice malt syrup
- 1 heaped tablespoon macadamia or almond butter
1. Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well until smooth. Spoon into a mug that’s microwave safe (alternatively you can mix the ingredients in the mug - saves on washing up!)
2. Put the mug on a plate inside the microwave (to protect against any overflow) and cook for 80-90 seconds on high. If you notice the cake mixture starting to overflow, stop the microwave and remove the mug.
3. Settle down on the couch with your steaming delicious mug of yum.. being careful not to burn yourself. Chocolate cake portion control at its finest!
Thank you to the lovely Bianca from Wholefood Simply (https://wholefoodsimply.com/), who inspired this delicious recipe. The original recipe can be found on her website.